The Petronas LNG complex at Bintulu, Sarawak, occupies an area of over 276 hectares and produces up to 23 MTPA of LNG.
The LNG plant is located in Bintulu, in the Malaysian state of Sarawak. It consists of 8 LNG trains of which three belong to MLNG Satu (the first joint venture), three to MLNG DUA and two to MLNG 3.
All three projects are located on one site; all use liquefaction technology developed by Air Products & Chemicals Int. (APCI) and share common facilities.
The LNG plant acquires its natural gas from 125 kilometres (80 mi) to 225 kilometres (140 mi) offshore of Bintulu from its partners Petronas Carigali and Royal Dutch Shell.
For this project, MMC Oil & Gas Engineering Sdn Bhd is to undertake preparation of Detail Feasibility Study and Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for the MLNG Dua Dehydration Unit, New 4th Dryer Bed at Tanjung Kidurung, Bintulu, Sarawak
|Client ||: ||Malaysia LNG Sdn Bhd (MLNG)|
|Project Location ||: ||MLNG Dua Plant, Bintulu, Sarawak|
|Project Duration ||: ||4 months|
|Scope of Work ||: ||To undertake preparation of Detail Feasibility Study and Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for the MLNG Dua Dehydration Unit, New 4th Dryer Bed at Tanjung Kidurung, Bintulu.|
|Total Man Hour ||: ||Lump Sum|
|Weight ||: ||N/A|
|Technical Description ||: |
Description of Project.
- Post MLNG DUA Debottlenecking (MDD) Capacity Realisation Taskforce was formed to consolidate, verify and scope out the items that limits MLNG DUA into realizing and sustaining its design capacity.
- The original design life of MLNG DUA Dehydration Unit and the design life has been streamlined with overall modular equipments Certificate of Fitness (CoF).
- Based on actual operations, the overall performance of the Dryer Beds has deteriorated faster than prediction and in turn has significantly impacted sustainable LNG production.
- With all short term and medium term mitigation actions in place, the current design of MLNG DUA Dryer Beds (3 beds) are able to cater to a limited capacity only.
- With the addition of a 4th dryer bed, MLNG DUA Dehydration Unit capacity is anticipated to be restored to design operating life.
- 4th dryer bed proposal also supports the efforts to increase operating life of MLNG DUA modules to maximize through-put.