- Our Business
- Media Center
MMC Oil & Gas Engineering Sdn Bhd was awarded the contract to provide engineering support by PTSC (Vietnam) as part of the latter’s fabrication work of Ruby-B (RBDP-B) Topsides for Petronas Carigali Vietnam (PCV).
Period: 1/2004 - 6/2005
Total Manhours: Ruby A : 14,000 Ruby B:15,000
RUBY-A (RBDP-A) Gaslift Project
Ruby field is located approximately 155km offshore Vung Tau, SR Vietnam in Blocks 01 and 02, in water depth of about 50m. Pilot phase production from Ruby field commenced on 22 October 1998 with the field facility consisting of a wellhead platform RBDP-A, a Floating, Processing, Storage and Offloading vessel (FPSO Ruby Princess) and a 100 subsea pipeline which transports the unstabilised crude from the platform RBDP-A to the FPSO Ruby Princess. Ruby Drilling Platform A (RBDP-A) Gaslift Project presents the basis for the design and installation of a mini gaslift compressor and associated facilities and tie in work at the host platform RBDP-A and FPSO, RUBY PRINCESS.
PROVISION OF POST AFC ENGINEERING DESIGN FOR RUBY-B (RBDP-B) TOPSIDES FABRICATION
MMC Oil & Gas Engineering Sdn Bhd was awarded the contract to provide engineering support by PTSC (Vietnam) as part of the latter’s fabrication work of Ruby-B (RBDP-B) Topsides for Petronas Carigali Vietnam (PCV). Included in the scope of work is the completion of detailed engineering previously prepared to be completed to an Approved for Construction (AFC) status and to verify and conduct design checks. Also included in the scope of work is vendor data review and vendor data incorporation of major equipment and piping items and to provide response and technical advice to technical queries. MMC Oil & Gas Engineering Sdn Bhd provided and set up a site team at RBDP-B project office in Vung Tau, Vietnam.
• Provide response and technical advice on site queries.
• Provide continuous supervision and coordination which include design activities, supervision of the project team and planning of work scope to achieve the required technical standard and satisfactory project completion within budget and schedule.
• Provide inter discipline checks for integration and clashes.
• Weight control and weight report to determine actual weight and final center of gravity location.
• Review vendor data, interface with Vendor and provide vendor data incorporation for compliance with overall process requirements for the platform.
• Review and update engineering documents and drawings.
• Provide review, comments and updating on the AFC packages.